Monday, June 14, 2010

It's Another Boy!

Last Friday, we went for our 20 week (actually 21) ultrasound. Since we hadn't found out the sex of our other 2, I had mixed emotions about this. Don't get me wrong, I definitely wanted to know, boy or girl, but I also loved the anticipation of waiting until the birth to find out. Not 30 seconds into the ultrasound, the tech said "Well, hello - I guess you can tell what it is!" His boy parts were so obvious, there was no way you could miss it! I couldn't believe it - another boy. On the other hand, I sort of expected it too! For the next 30 minutes, as the ultrasound tech took measurements and pictures - everything looks great by the way - I was lost in my thoughts. Here are just a few of them: "I guess I will never shop for a wedding dress or prom dress", "I won't get to watch a daughter become a mother", "Wow, my little boy clothes will get used by 3 sons - how thrifty I am!", "No bows or cute little skirts", " No need to buy more toys - we have all the cars, train, & trucks a little boy could want", "No princess birthday parties", "At least I've got this boy thing down" , "How in the world will we ever come up with another boy's name!".
As you can tell, my mind was all over the place and my husband kept saying things like "Are you disappointed?", "I'm sorry", "Are you going to go home and cry?". I was pretty quiet . To be honest, I was partly sad and partly relieved at the same time. God has blessed us with another boy and we are excited and know that he will fit in great with his 2 other brothers! I was most surprised at Eli's reaction to the news. I think he was the most disappointed. But I wanted a sister he said - we have to have another one, so I can have a sister. Ha! I think he was hoping not to have to share his toys with another brother! I am looking forward to watching the 3 of them together! I love seeing Caleb and Eli playing together now. So here's to being totally outnumbered at my house!
Tara

2 comments:

  1. OH wait!!! How in the world did I miss you being pregnant??? I am a horrible friend!! OH I'm so excited for you!!! Think of how there are 3 blessed girls who are gonna get to marry your boys and have you for a mom in law!!!! You are so cool!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tara, I'm just listening to the song that plays on your blog. God does all things well, and I'm sure this will be awsome too!

    ReplyDelete