Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Blessing of a Mother

I have a wonderful mom. I am a mom to 3 wonderful boys. I have wonderful "mom friends" that I share this journey with. This is a special day to celebrate all of that! I am humbled and grateful that God has given me all these blessings. There were many mother's days that I longed for a child of my own, so I know what that feels like for so many women who are still longing for this. My biggest encouragement is this - God is faithful. He may not answer your prayer exactly as you envision, but he will answer it!



As a mom, I have such a huge responsibility to shape the lives of my boys, and my prayer is that I can do it half as well as my own mom did! I wrote this in my mom's card this year and wanted to share it.



A Few Things I Learned From My Mom:



If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!




It is the little details that make a BIG difference!




A little elbow grease can get most things clean!




Always go the extra mile




Always make people feel special.




Never say can't.




Everyone deserves a special day on their birthday!




Love God with all your heart.




Give of yourself without expecting anything in return.




Everybody puts on their pants one leg at a time!




Always do your best, no matter what.




And never, ever, ever give up!




These are priceless lessons to me and ones I hope to pass along to my children. Thank you mom for being a wonderful example!




I love this quote " A mom is a person who seeing there are only 4 slices of pie for 5 people, promptly declares I never did really care for pie!" So true, so true! Happy Mother's Day to all you moms who always give up the last piece of pie/cake/dessert for your children! You guys rock!






Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment