Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's 64th birthday. In honor of him, I wanted to share 10 things I love about him - in no particular order. So, here goes.
10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY DAD

  1. His servant heart - I've never seen anyone serve people the way that my dad does and never say a word about it. I've learned from watching his example.

  2. He's a great listener - he always does more listening than talking, which is why people enjoy being around him so much.

  3. His love for all things OSU - especially OSU football, basketball, wrestling, and baseball!

  4. His need to wash all dishes by hand - I don't know why he likes this so much, but he is definitely the man to have when cleaning up after holiday meals!

  5. He is friendly to everyone - he has a knack of making strangers feel at ease - such a great quality to possess.

  6. He loves reading "western" novels & watching the "western" channel - this makes for lots of good jokes. I never imagined those things would occupy his retirement days!

  7. His life lessons - one thing my dad taught me while playing high school sports was to never show emotion when you disagreed with a referee's call. This has stuck with me & to this day, I rarely criticize refs!

  8. His love for God - he has a passion for God and taught me as a child the importance of having a "quiet" time with God every morning as I watched him get up early, sit by his bed & read his bible every morning. I've been doing a bible study with him the past couple months & love have discussion with him about God's word!

  9. His loyalty - to his wife, family, job, church, sports teams, grandkids. Something else I've learned from watching his example

  10. His lame jokes - ha! He always has one - some good, most not so good!

Here is one of my favorite pictures of my dad, brother and I. We had just spent the day across the border in Juarez, Mexico on one of our family summer vacations! We look hilarious!


To celebrate, we are having a family dinner tonight, watching OSU basketball, and eating his favorite coconut cream pie! Then lunch @ Abuelo's tomorrow. Happy birthday Dad - I'm so thankful God chose you to be my dad. I love you very much.

Tara

1 comment: