Friday, August 20, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten 2010

Eli started Kindergarten this Wednesday. My baby growing up. He's almost made it through the first week (I go pick him up in 45 min.) and he's done great. But, I have to say "I sure do miss having him around!" As much as I was ready for him to start Kindergarten and get back into a routine, the last 3 days have seemed to drag on. I realized on back to school eve (as I was crying while cleaning up after dinner - thankfully the boys were all outside playing!) that what mom's are really sad about when their kids go off to kindergarten is that their "time" with them at home is over. Oh sure, you have weekends and summers, but it will never be the same. When I realized this, believe me, the tears flowed and I was so sad. But in the same breath (or sob for that matter), I am so, so thankful for the chance to be home with my little guy and discover the world! We made the most of every single day and I have absolutely no regrets.

He is going to have a great year, with new friends and new experiences! And now, Caleb and I get to have some one on one time before baby Hall arrives! Although I asked him if it was fun doing stuff with "just Mommy" or if it was more fun with Eli - of course he said it was more fun with Eli!!
Eli was pretty excited about having his own locker?
Eli and his teacher Mrs. Farrell - she's a tiny little thing!
Eli's desk. God answered a prayer that we had been praying for before school started - that he would have a friend at his new school where he didn't know anyone. Not only were there 2 kids from his preK class last year, but their desks were right across(facing) and diagonal from Eli's. He's always doing more than we could ever ask or imagine!

When I picked him up on the first day, he said he had a super day and then he said "I don't have to tell you everything because I wasn't scared and I did fine!" BOYS!!!!!!!!!!! I am a detail person and I wanted all the details =)! I had to drag them out of him the rest of the evening.

O yeah, I got all my tears out the night before in my kitchen, so I didn't shed a tear on the first day of school (even when I went to a boo hoo breakfast with my friend!). I highly recommend doing it that way!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment