Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Goodbye Wacky Wednesday- see you next summer!

For the past 2 summers, me and several of my mom friends have gotten together on Wednesdays for a fun summer activity with our kids. It really is so much fun and something we all look forward to (moms & kids). It has become a tradition and I love that about it. My friend Stacey and I usually plan out our activity list at the end of school, which makes it super easy to send out a reminder email each week to everyone. We are always on the lookout for fun, educational, and free activities. Some of the things we did this summer: swam in Oologah lake, bowling, Woolaroc, Incredible Pizza, snowcones @ the park, Oxley Nature Center, Water Park, swimming, and an end of summer ice cream party. Here's a look at some of the fun.I always make the kids pose for a picture. My mom friends have just come to expect it and accept it! lol! We made this photo collage and gave one to everybody at our ice cream party. I'm thinking we need to make tshirts next summer! Kind of sad it has come to an end. But, during the school year, we do Fun Fridays which are usually the 2nd Friday of each month. We'll miss having Eli this year ( he's sad about missing Fun Fridays, but I assured him he would be having lots more fun in Kindergarten).


On another note, I bought these light up shoes for Caleb this week on clearance for $20. He rarely gets new shoes because he wears Eli's hand me downs, so he was so, so excited! We put them on and he stomped, danced, and ran around the house chanting "I gnash my feet and stomp around!" So worth the $20!

Eli starts Kindergarten tomorrow - pretty sure I will be a teary-eyed mess.


Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment