Wednesday, May 19, 2010

When God says SURPRISE!!!

I LOVE surprises! But, I'm usually way too nosy and end up ruining them in some way!! My husband can attest to that. Two of the best surprises we've had was waiting until birth to find out the sex of our babies - so exciting and so worth it! There is nothing quite like the anticipation of hearing those words "It's a boy" (those are the only words we have heard!!)

I've come to realize that God truly does give the best surprises, because they usually come when you least expect it! That is what happened to us in March. God said "SURPRISE" you're going to have another baby! What? Um, you're kidding right. Why now, why this timing? I'm way to old for this God. These are just a few of the thoughts that were swimming around in my head. Before I go any further and offend anyone with my initial attitude, let me give you a little background.

Lance and I struggled for 3 years to get pregnant before having Eli our firstborn. I know, that seems like nothing compared to what some people go through, but none the less, it was difficult. Both of our boys were conceived while I was taking the drug - Clomid - a fertility enhancing drug. They are our miracles and have blessed us beyond our wildest dreams. But, as you can see, it wasn't easy or seemingly natural. We had all but locked the door on having other children and I was getting used to having nobody in diapers! God had other plans. He just surprises me so with his timing and his ability to accomplish the impossible (or so we think!)

After wandering around the house for a week in a daze, I finally got to share with Lance. He had been away 2 weeks for training for a new job. It was a stressful training, and I just wasn't going to share this over the phone. He just laughed when I told him! Reminds me of someone in the bible!

So, I am 18 weeks along with my due date set for October 22. Everything looks good so far. Since I am 37 ( in case you were trying to figure that out), I am considered "Advanced Maternal Age" - that makes you feel good. We have already seen a high risk OB and had some genetic testing done - all looks good.


In case you are wondering, we have decided to find out the sex of this baby - since we had our big surpise on the front end of this one! That should happen in a couple of weeks. Eli our 5 yr. old is completely thrilled and really wants a baby sister. Caleb our 2 yr old really doesn't have a clue what is going on. He will be about 3 when the baby is born, just like Eli was when Caleb was born.

Lastly, (sorry for the long post) I keep thinking of this verse. It's a familiar one that everybody loves.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I love this verse, but have come to realize that so often, we all kind of change this verse to read something like this:

"For I know the plans I have for you Lord, declares Tara, plans to get married at 25, have 2 kids ( a boy and a girl) by the time I'm 30 and live happily ever after!"

Anybody else? Time and time again, God reminds me that he is in control, not me. And it is all for his glory, not mine or anybody else's. So, I thank God for our little miracle and for the strength he will give me to raise this child. He will supply all our needs - that's a promise! Please pray for strength, endurance, energy, and a healthy baby.

Tara

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I can't believe it, congratulations. I would probably feel the same way if that happened to us right now, but God knows best! I hope its a girl that will carry on your craftiness. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truely excited and thrilled! I love God and his blessings! I can't wait to love him or her and have her or him in my life too! You're not alone, you have so many friends and family who adore you and you're right, we'll all help God take care of you guys!

    ReplyDelete